• Hello guest! Are you a Tegu enthusiast? If so, we invite you to join our community! Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Tegu enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your Tegu and enclosure and have a great time with other Tegu fans. Sign up today! If you have any questions, problems, or other concerns email [email protected]!

help sexing tegu!

woeisleticia

Hello! I have a columbian tegu, not sure of his age or when i'll be able to sex him but im guessing hes almost a year old? i got him in march and hes grown a lot since then, hes a few inches short of 2 feet. but i have a picture and was wondering what you guys thought about its sex?

Attachments

• IMG_4874.JPG
    IMG_4874.JPG
    1.1 MB · Views: 164

Bubblz Calhoun

1,000+ Post Club
5 Year Member
Not the best pic to tell, legs need to be up or just out of the way for full vent view. Another thing you can do is watch when they poop if you get a chance. Males will start to invert their hemipenes as they mature and leave sperm plugs.

Moriah Formica

Not the best pic to tell, legs need to be up or just out of the way for full vent view. Another thing you can do is watch when they poop if you get a chance. Males will start to invert their hemipenes as they mature and leave sperm plugs.

Hi! I'm new to this site and joined because I wanted a second opinion. My argentine black and white tegu is 5 months old and was sold to me as a female because I ordered a female. But as "she" is growing I start to think more and more she's a male. "She" has very prominent femoral pores and I could've sworn I saw two BBs by the vent. Here's a pic

Roadkill

5 Year Member
Moriah, that last picture is pretty darned good, really stresses what I keep trying to say to people - an enlarged scale or two, with a ring of smaller scales, while females just have the regular, uninterrupted rows. In neonates and juveniles, those scales aren't thickened, but they are still there in that pattern.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Pags1029