• Hello guest! Are you a Tegu enthusiast? If so, we invite you to join our community! Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Tegu enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your Tegu and enclosure and have a great time with other Tegu fans. Sign up today! If you have any questions, problems, or other concerns email [email protected]!

Help. Tegu stuck

Brian A

Someone thought it would be a good idea to let Amaru free roam in the bathroom. Now he is stuck under the sink. There is a narrow area between the wall and the cabinet that he found his way into. His tail is sticking out and the bulk of his body is behind the lip at the bottom. He has been there for like 3-4 days now. I figured he'd eventually come out on his own, but no. I've tried leaving food out for him and he hasn't taken the bait. Every now and then he slightly moves his tail after I've moved it around a bit. Any advice on encouraging him to come out short of some impromptu carpentry?

Attachments

• image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    941.3 KB · Views: 43
  • image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    826.9 KB · Views: 47

dpjm

5 Year Member
I would say that if he hasn't come out for 3-4 days that he is actually stuck and not just refusing to come out. I would start taking pieces off the cabinet until you can free him and I would do it soon.

They are very strong at climbing into places but not always so good at backpedalling out.

I can't tell from the picture if he climbed upwards or if he is oriented horizontally.

Good luck.

Brian A

We poked him through the hole that the pipe goes through until he got annoyed enough to come out. He had plenty of room and it was very easy for him to get out when he chose to. He was just very comfortable apparently. He's back home now.

dpjm

5 Year Member
Good, glad it worked out easily. I'm still surprised he stayed in there for so long.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ilovecaimantegus1980