• Hello guest! Are you a Tegu enthusiast? If so, we invite you to join our community! Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Tegu enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your Tegu and enclosure and have a great time with other Tegu fans. Sign up today! If you have any questions, problems, or other concerns email [email protected]!

Help with a Golden Tegu

RexTheGuardian

Hi, I've posted about this before, but require more assistance when it comes to the taming of a baby Golden Tegu. I've had him for about a month now, but he is still terrified of me. He will actively avoid or run away if I so much as just walk into the same room, even when feeding or basking he will immediately stop and run for his hide. I cant even interact with him and do hand training, since every attempt he will just run away and hide. Am I doing something wrong, or is there something more to it I'm missing? I really want him to like me, since I know Tegus can become great companion pets and I want to form a bond with him. Any advice will be appreciated.

Mich lady

It takes time and patience. A lot of time and patience. I got my black and white as a juvenile wild caught from Florida. It took months for him to trust me. He is about 3 years old now. Talk to yours gently, be around him as much as possible. Gu's can be very temperamental. They are always wary of fast movements. He will come around. Patience patience patience. One month does not a nice tegu make. My guy is 4 feet long now and is like an aloof cat. He calls the shots when it comes to affection. He will crawl up on my bed with me and want his back scratched. Lol.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Kam