• Hello guest! Are you a Tegu enthusiast? If so, we invite you to join our community! Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Tegu enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your Tegu and enclosure and have a great time with other Tegu fans. Sign up today! If you have any questions, problems, or other concerns email [email protected]!

help with bumps and spurs for sexing please

mr.tegu

5 Year Member
i got my tegu in late october of 08, he/she was around 10 inches then. its now feb 09 and he/she measured in at 29 inches long and 4 1/2 inches wide yesterday. like most i wanted a male over a female for the size and jowls. at this point i dont mind what the sex is other then im kinda wanting to find out its sex so i can pick out a name for it. so my questions are... at 29 inches overall would the bb bumps or spures be noticable?...what is the average length/width/weight of a male AND female argentine black and white tegu?...
thats all for now load me up with info, thanks guys and gals..

ashesc212

5 Year Member
I'm not sure about the other stuff but my blue is 27" and only about 2 1/2" wide in the belly and I'm fairly certain that what I see are buttons. I'd say that you should be able to see something...like faint bumps.

Beasty

5 Year Member
Ditto~ What ashesc212 said.
I have a blue hatchling from the same clutch and it's roughly 24 inches and I see no bumps. Which is fine by me. I'm hoping it's a girly lizard as they are harder to find, hence easier to get a mate in the future should I decide to breed it. I already have a male and female extreme for impressive. ;)

mr.tegu

5 Year Member
the question i am seeking answeres for is..{on AVERAGE} the length,width,hight, and weight of adult male and female arg blk n wht tegus.. this is another topic that is not clear anywhere you search giving 2 feet or more of inconsistancies.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Pags1029