• Hello guest! Are you a Tegu enthusiast? If so, we invite you to join our community! Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Tegu enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your Tegu and enclosure and have a great time with other Tegu fans. Sign up today! If you have any questions, problems, or other concerns email [email protected]!

Hey from NC

Ace

Hey everyone, name's Ace. My girlfriend (Laura) and I are big fans of big lizards, and we've got quite a few already and we're looking forward to taking care of a tegu. We've got 6 Bearded Dragons and 2 Thai Water Dragons, as well as a Frilled Dragon and a Savannah Monitor (just a little one).

Also, any other reptile keepers in NC that want to hang out, swap stories, or check out our reptiles, drop us a line.

Toby_H

1,000+ Post Club
5 Year Member
Hey Ace!

I'm Toby, I live in Charlotte NC. I've raised an '08 Varyard Tegu from a hatchling to the 10+ lb big sweety that he is today. I've also got a trio of young Ball pythons I have to eventually breed, a pair of Rubber Boas (awesome snakes), a pair of Kenyan Sand Boas and a handful of fish (SA/CA Cichlids).

I've met another guy (Anthony) through this site that's from Charlotte also. He met my Tegu when he was considering getting one and I was able to meet his hatchling when he first got it. If you guys are in Charlotte (or close) I'd love to see your hatchling when it arrives (they are sooo cute with their little green heads) and if you'd like to see a puppy tame full grown male I'd happily have you over to meet him.

Welcome to Tegu talk and welcome to Tegu keeping!

~Toby

G

Those electric blue Dempseys are unreal ... If not the most beautiful fresh water fish close to it ... I tried Chichlids but had trouble with fighting ... Good luck with your breeding program .. Oh yea welcome to the site Ace !!!

G

Ace what do you think of keeping the Frilled Dragon??? I find them fascinating .. I guess they are high strung and need a large enclosure...

Ace

We haven't had our frillie very long, and it's just a hatchling. It's showing some weird behavior, but it's a fascinating lizard. I stuck the mister nozzle in the enclosure yesterday to increase the humidity a bit, and it got spooked and frilled up. It made my day.

G

Thats cool !! Keep us up on his progress and what you learn about the species ..

Ace

My girlfriend and I actually keep a blog about housing and caring for our ever-growing collection of reptiles.

denofscales.blogspot.com

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
It’s_me