• Hello guest! Are you a Tegu enthusiast? If so, we invite you to join our community! Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Tegu enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your Tegu and enclosure and have a great time with other Tegu fans. Sign up today! If you have any questions, problems, or other concerns email [email protected]!

Hey from tx

derreck g

Hello all I just rescued a black gold young tegu.
Age and sex unknown. He was all skin and bones when I got him. He also had not had any heat lights or uv.
Sense I got him last week. I have fattened him up. With dusted dubi and pinki. New bedding and all new lights. He is doing lot better.

I am slowly trying to build his trust. I sit my hand in there and let him lick it and I slowly pet him.

He hisses and puffs up at first but chills out after a bit

Every now and them when I walk in the room he goes flying off his basking spot and into the glass. Scares the crap out of me. I don't want him to get hurt.

Here's a pick of him
ImageUploadedByTapatalk 21372627183.152599.jpg
ImageUploadedByTapatalk 21372627211.571018.jpg

Here's my dragon
ImageUploadedByTapatalk 21372627234.825543.jpg

Josh

Administrator
Staff member
1,000+ Post Club
5 Year Member
Hello Derreck and welcome to TeguTalk! Congrats on the rescued tegu! He looks great even if he could use a month of good feeding! :)

derreck g

I will find my tap and see but eyeballing him I'd say a foot and some change

Can someone link my a chart or thread that shows safe fruit and veggies plz

derreck g

The first day he probably eat 5 sub adult dubi. And sense then. With some eggs in his belly he probably has eaten at least 3 a day.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mightytegu