• Hello guest! Are you a Tegu enthusiast? If so, we invite you to join our community! Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Tegu enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your Tegu and enclosure and have a great time with other Tegu fans. Sign up today! If you have any questions, problems, or other concerns email [email protected]!

hey guys new tegu owner here

TE GU-RU

5 Year Member
Hey guys

dont mind the name i thought it was funny

I recently adopted a Argentine B&W Tegu around 1 Foot and temporarily he is in a 20 gal long.

Im looking every day for a 40-55 gal to hold me through the winter when i can build him a bigger cage.

so dont yell at me about it being too small, i know.

His names Zeke and hes so friggin tame its unbelievable.

the family that owned him before didnt mistreat him or starve him, just barely handled him(yet hes still friendly)

ive had him for 3 days and im already in love with him

Im hoping that if i have any problems ill be able to come here

thanks

Adam87

5 Year Member
thats awsone bro in the spring ill be getting my very own as for tanks idk where u live but look for like a used Aquaqium store or look online theres always someone selling a 65 gallon some where haha but check out glasscages.com they have great deals on custom tanks they got 200 gallon tanks so check them out and good luck with your new guy

TE GU-RU

5 Year Member
im actually picking up a big snake cage on saturday, nice setup for a temporary home for him.

gettin a sweet deal too givin me i think its a 55-75 gal sliding glass tank for $50 and a phone i got.
and i think hes throwin in a 40 gal breeder as well.

so im excited. got an extra tank for my next critter

isdrake

5 Year Member
Welcome to the forum. I would love to see some pictures. :D

Nice to hear that he is so tame. I wish I could say the same about ours. XD

TE GU-RU

5 Year Member
Picture018.jpg

New Cage, got a sweet deal on it, with a little modification itll have a better uvb setup, i have the uvb coming through the vents on the back.

Picture036.jpg

cage again, you can see zeke in there.

Picture024.jpg

zeke, hes friendly, cute and very photogenic! haha

Picture034.jpg

so this is my lil guy, had him a week and im already in love. i hate the cold weather here so i cant bring him outside.

but when summer comes hes gonna be my sidekick.

but i put aspen snake bedding in the cage and he frickin loves it, in his first setup i had he didnt burrow for 2 or 3 days but he burrowed in 5 mins when i put this in here.
When i find cypress mulch around here ill use that, but i hope this is safe for him for the time being.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ilovecaimantegus1980