• Hello guest! Are you a Tegu enthusiast? If so, we invite you to join our community! Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Tegu enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your Tegu and enclosure and have a great time with other Tegu fans. Sign up today! If you have any questions, problems, or other concerns email [email protected]!

Hey

twitchster

Hello everyone, this is my first post here and just wanted to introduce myself. I live in the Nashville area and have been a reptile enthusiast for most of my life but just started keeping them withing the las 6-7 years. I own 4 altogether, them being a Bearded Dragon, Frilled Dragon and Ball Python. As of about a month I am also the proud owner of an Argentine Black and White Tegu (Carlos). That little dude is awesome and is already climbing up onto my shoulder to chill. Anyway, just a short synopsis of me and if you have any questions, just ask!

AlphaAlpha

1,000+ Post Club
5 Year Member
Hello and welcome;):D ..... I hope whilst up on your shoulder you support and keep in constant contact, as falling from this hieght for a large mainly ground bearing annimal can be dangerous.

twitchster

Welcome any pictures?

Sorry for the late response. I've got a few pictures to upload. Turns out that Carlos might be a Carlita though. I did some looking into sexing and saw that sex can be determined by the scales next to the vent. I didn't see/fell the large and rough scales so I'm thinking that he is a she. And no, I did not pee my pants. I had just got her out of the tub. :)

Attachments

• 20181205_175529.jpg
    20181205_175529.jpg
    2.5 MB · Views: 25
  • 20181205_175544.jpg
    20181205_175544.jpg
    2.2 MB · Views: 20
  • 20181205_175654.jpg
    20181205_175654.jpg
    2.2 MB · Views: 25

twitchster

Very handsome.

Thanks Walter1! She (if in fact that's it is a she) is amazing. I've never had a reptile that I had such a strong bond with. That may sound pretty crappy of me to say, but it's the truth. On the topic of the questionable sex, I think I'll post some pics of her/his underbelly to let the experts weigh in.

Guman

Nice looking tegu! Congratulations! They are so much fun. I am sorry it took me so long to get back to you.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ilovecaimantegus1980