• Hello guest! Are you a Tegu enthusiast? If so, we invite you to join our community! Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Tegu enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your Tegu and enclosure and have a great time with other Tegu fans. Sign up today! If you have any questions, problems, or other concerns email [email protected]!

Hey!

TehPenguin

5 Year Member
I recently purchased a Argentine Tegu sometime last week an received him on Tuesday. He's a cute little baby! I hope to have some pictures soon. I love playing and bonding with him, he's taking quite well to the rest of my family. I have him currently set up in a 5' x 2.5' x 2.5' and he loves to roam. Having known Tegu's were escape artists, I had built in locks, but he loves to come and see us so much, he squeezes right through the acrylic and wanders right up my feet. It's amazing how intelligent they are. He has a ferocious appetite and is currently shedding. I have just one question, is there anything as too much handling? Usually, I play with him for about an hour and pet and handle him, and occasionally I'll let him loose in my now Tegu proof room. Anyway, I hope my tegu experience is an awesome one!

crimsonrazac

5 Year Member
Hey, welcome to the boards! I let my guy out of the cage for at least an hour a day. I have a little basking spot I set up outside the tank for when hes walking around. :-D

TehPenguin

5 Year Member
crimsonrazac said:
Hey, welcome to the boards! I let my guy out of the cage for at least an hour a day. I have a little basking spot I set up outside the tank for when hes walking around. :-D

Ooh, genius idea.

dragonqueen4 said:
how big is your tegu, just out of curiousity?

SVL is about 6 inches, he has a little stub of his tail missing, but that adds another 6 inches.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
T.C.