• Hello guest! Are you a Tegu enthusiast? If so, we invite you to join our community! Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Tegu enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your Tegu and enclosure and have a great time with other Tegu fans. Sign up today! If you have any questions, problems, or other concerns email [email protected]!

Hi all !

Teg

My argentine b/w is settling in well since she/he arrived last Friday !! So far, so good ;0) He's staying out a while longer every day, been feeding since day two on Crickets which he loves ! pinkies, fuzzys, and some turkey at last today! Anything left in the bowl like fruits, veg or liver he's not keen on, he'll bury with mulch !! lol I've managed to get a few tongue flick's, couple of strokes and a tail whipp :-/ Not at all aggressive but wary of me ! Ohhh ! and finally some poop's .. stinky ones at that came to light yesterday and today so i am pleased ! I've never been a reptile kind of a person really apart from an Adder bite in Sept !! lol But when i saw an Argentine i knew i had to have one !! Thanks for having me, look forward to meeting you all !! - Regards - Justin.

Teg

Thank you ! I'll sort out some pictures ASAP, got him/her from Reptile Zone, Bristol ! I'm from Porthmadog, N. Wales, UK.

Got no idea how to post a picture on here !!! Can i send you - James o'r Steven an E.mail of picture, maybe you could post ? Or any advice would be much appreciated ! Thank you ..

Steven.

You can put it in photobucket... Then copy the img link and post it in your post..

sent from my phone to your eyes

james.w

1,000+ Post Club
5 Year Member
Posting these for Teg

Teg1.jpg

Teg2.jpg

Teg3.jpg

Teg4.jpg

Very good looking tegu and enclosure. Only thing I would recommend is add a little more substrate to give him a little more depth to burrow down into.

Teg

Thank you all, you are most kind !! Steven - I was told she/he was 10-12" and around 2 months old !? Its more like 13-14" with no visible green markings .. So, I'm wondering if more like 3 months + !!? What are you're opinion everyone !? Thank's

Steven.

He looks almost the same as mine and he's gonna turn 3 months on the 16th...

Teg

How are you getting on with yours ? Can you handle him yet !? Thinking it'll be a few weeks before I can !! Not aggressive at all, just wary ! Very Lazy though, up at 11am ... Sleeps at 4pm under neath the water bowl of all places !!! lol

larissalurid

Teg said:
Thank you all, you are most kind !! Steven - I was told she/he was 10-12" and around 2 months old !? Its more like 13-14" with no visible green markings .. So, I'm wondering if more like 3 months + !!? What are you're opinion everyone !? Thank's

Agreed seems about 3-4 months

Steven.

Re: RE: Hi all !

Teg said:
How are you getting on with yours ? Can you handle him yet !? Thinking it'll be a few weeks before I can !! Not aggressive at all, just wary ! Very Lazy though, up at 11am ... Sleeps at 4pm under neath the water bowl of all places !!! lol

My tegu.. Bans.. Is great. Not perfect but he's still a baby. I handled him everyday from the day i got him. My personally choice. Not very long though.. I started off by just holding him couple inches off the ground in the enclosure just to move things around or spot clean.. Now i put him on my bed while i watch tv or have him in my lap while in sitting. And he doesn't run or jump.. I've had him for about 2 weeks nows... Very smart animals tegus are. And once they are given respect.. They turn out to be great..

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ilovecaimantegus1980