• Hello guest! Are you a Tegu enthusiast? If so, we invite you to join our community! Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Tegu enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your Tegu and enclosure and have a great time with other Tegu fans. Sign up today! If you have any questions, problems, or other concerns email [email protected]!

Hi from Vancouver!

Kameko

I received my 2.5 month old Chaco White from Cindy at Tegu Topia today - produced by Tegu Terra. This isn't the first Argentine I've had, my first was a skittish, tiny (3.5 feet) B&W I couldn't tame down. I picked her up at around 3 years, with scarring and seriously underweight. After a considerable amount of time spent trying to have her semi hand tame, I gave up and found her a new home. This time, I wanted a fresh start and a clean slate. Meet Bishop :)

NIKHIL SHAH

I am from Los Angeles and have two tegus..one red and one giant white. My wife and i were considering moving to Vancouver in the future. Someone told me that Tegu lizards pets were banned there but you guys seem to have them. Are Tegus allowed as pets there? Are there reptile stores where you can get live feeders for them in Vancouver? I don't know much about this area so any help would be appreciated.

Kameko

Hi there! I'm assuming you mean Vancouver, BC and not Vancouver, WA? In Vancouver, BC tegu's are most definitely not banned, restricted or prohibited; they're completely legal to own. There are several stores in the Vancouver area that sell live feeders, as well as some feeder breeders. If you have any other questions about reptile legalities up this way, don't hesitate to ask.

Kameko

Josh

Administrator
Staff member
1,000+ Post Club
5 Year Member
Welcome to the forums! Glad you've joined the community! I hope we can answer all your tegu questions! :) :tegu:

NIKHIL SHAH

I did mean Vancouver in British Columbia. Someone told me that all monitor lizards were banned as pets there but after your post i did some research and found that Tegus were not on that list. Thank god cause i love my guys :) The red one may be obese (weighs 20+ pounds) so i may have to take him walking in Stanley Park. Don't know if Tegus are prohibited there.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
It’s_me