• Hello guest! Are you a Tegu enthusiast? If so, we invite you to join our community! Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Tegu enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your Tegu and enclosure and have a great time with other Tegu fans. Sign up today! If you have any questions, problems, or other concerns email [email protected]!

Hi I’m new to this

Mylesamanda

Hi, I’m new to this I just purchased a Tegu she has been here 9 days now she has barely eaten. She’s doing well. We got her some stuff for her enclosure from bio dudes. I fixed up her lighting. Got all the temperature is good the humidity good but she is constantly hiding. She comes out a little bit. She has drank water, but she hasn’t really eaten except for a couple of blueberries. What are some ways to get her to eat I don’t know if it’s because of the winter.

Attachments

• B27693C4-6431-41BC-A2E1-95E29E0181CB.jpeg
    B27693C4-6431-41BC-A2E1-95E29E0181CB.jpeg
    2.3 MB · Views: 10
  • EEEB7692-2768-426B-8E49-57713BC683A4.png
    EEEB7692-2768-426B-8E49-57713BC683A4.png
    363.9 KB · Views: 10
  • CD8FD605-0674-4B2B-8549-718CB7D58704.jpeg
    CD8FD605-0674-4B2B-8549-718CB7D58704.jpeg
    283.4 KB · Views: 9
  • 6BD761DA-2B09-403F-9ADE-DCB022E98F9E.png
    6BD761DA-2B09-403F-9ADE-DCB022E98F9E.png
    5.7 MB · Views: 10

Stellalife1

Hi, I’m new to this I just purchased a Tegu she has been here 9 days now she has barely eaten. She’s doing well. We got her some stuff for her enclosure from bio dudes. I fixed up her lighting. Got all the temperature is good the humidity good but she is constantly hiding. She comes out a little bit. She has drank water, but she hasn’t really eaten except for a couple of blueberries. What are some ways to get her to eat I don’t know if it’s because of the winter.
Ground turkey, egg yolk with shell for calcium, salmon, talapia, baby mixed greens without spinach, greenbeans, parsley, put anything you add into a food processor & make little " meatballs" so you can freeze some for a later date for less food prep. Mango, kiwi, papaya, dried omnivore mix..... by making a "mash" like this, they cannot pick and choose what they like and don't like. Always add calcium powder & add vid. D everyother day. You can make many variations of this mash you can add or subtract. Tegus are opertunistic eaters which means they won't starve themselves to death. You can find full lists of safe foods on the web.

Mylesamanda

Ground turkey, egg yolk with shell for calcium, salmon, talapia, baby mixed greens without spinach, greenbeans, parsley, put anything you add into a food processor & make little " meatballs" so you can freeze some for a later date for less food prep. Mango, kiwi, papaya, dried omnivore mix..... by making a "mash" like this, they cannot pick and choose what they like and don't like. Always add calcium powder & add vid. D everyother day. You can make many variations of this mash you can add or subtract. Tegus are opertunistic eaters which means they won't starve themselves to death. You can find full lists of safe foods on the web.
Yes breeder I got her from showed me about grinding it all up does quail eggs have calcium or no

Stellalife1

Yes breeder I got her from showed me about grinding it all up does quail eggs have calcium or no
Yes, eggshells have calcium but you should get Rapashy Calcium plus. If its a young tegu that you are feeding every day, get calcium powder to add to food daily & give him/her calcium plus vit.D every other day ( Rapashy Calcium plus is a good one for every other day, it has vit. D & other vit. That are good for your tegu

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ilovecaimantegus1980