• Hello guest! Are you a Tegu enthusiast? If so, we invite you to join our community! Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Tegu enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your Tegu and enclosure and have a great time with other Tegu fans. Sign up today! If you have any questions, problems, or other concerns email [email protected]!

Hibernating Temps??

ReptileFanatic!

5 Year Member
.. what temps should my tegu have during hibernation??
right now he gets 100F-110F in the day.. 85F at night.
and UVB from 8am - 8 pm.
thanks =]

DaveDragon

1,000+ Post Club
5 Year Member
Your Tegu just started hibernating or hasn't come out yet? Most come out in March. I assume those temps are basking. Turn off all lights & heat sources at night unless the room temp goes under 65F. I'm sure they can handle 50's at night but it'll take longer to get fully warmed in the morning.

Our Blues don't fully hibernate so I just reduce the hours. Our Red was down for 3 or 4 months so I just turned off all of the lights.

Suzanne

5 Year Member
DaveDragon said:
Your Tegu just started hibernating or hasn't come out yet? Most come out in March. I assume those temps are basking. Turn off all lights & heat sources at night unless the room temp goes under 65F. I'm sure they can handle 50's at night but it'll take longer to get fully warmed in the morning.

Our Blues don't fully hibernate so I just reduce the hours. Our Red was down for 3 or 4 months so I just turned off all of the lights.

One of my tegus is still kind of hybernating she comes out every once and a while for a drink or a little bite of food and then goes under her hide again. My other tegu still spends a lot of time under his hide but is out basking most days. He eats a few times a week, not much though. A lot of food has gone to waste. The basking temps is usually around 107 and cool spot is usually mid 80's. Is this normal? I thought they would be more active by now. Should i be worried?

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ilovecaimantegus1980