• Hello guest! Are you a Tegu enthusiast? If so, we invite you to join our community! Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Tegu enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your Tegu and enclosure and have a great time with other Tegu fans. Sign up today! If you have any questions, problems, or other concerns email [email protected]!

Hibernation question to all

mschuld

5 Year Member
The wife and I were talking about tegu hibernation the other day and were curious about how soon a tegu would go into hibernation after its hatch day. I was hoping some of you could share your experiences with us.

VARNYARD

Former Admin
1,000+ Post Club
5 Year Member
mschuld said:
The wife and I were talking about tegu hibernation the other day and were curious about how soon a tegu would go into hibernation after its hatch day. I was hoping some of you could share your experiences with us.

Every tegu is different, some go down fast and some will go down a month later. I have some that have started and yet others that are still eating and basking every day.

mschuld

5 Year Member
It's pretty amazing to me that an animal that's had so little time to develop could hybernate after only a month. Nature always throws us curve balls I guess. Thanks for the response Bobby!

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Pags1029