• Hello guest! Are you a Tegu enthusiast? If so, we invite you to join our community! Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Tegu enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your Tegu and enclosure and have a great time with other Tegu fans. Sign up today! If you have any questions, problems, or other concerns email [email protected]!

Hibernation

G

Ok new to the tegus. and this is my first Tegu hibernation experience. And yes she is an import.

First off, this is the strangest thing ever. i feel like a bad parent just leaving her alone and never seeing her, not knowing if she is dead or alive. Other than that what should i be doing during this time. fresh water i know, but what about misting to keep the humidity up. Should I leave the lights on during the day or just leave them off? Or should I gradually start turning them off earlier and earlier?

I am freaking a little! can't you tell?

I just don't want to do anything wrong. I want to make sure that I have her in a couple of months when she should wake up. and not be digging out a corpse.

Jeremy

Pikey

5 Year Member
just fresh water, misting to a minimum, lights off. or you can run them at like an 8hour on, but thats for the most part wasting your lights & electric

tora

I'd think leave the light on for a few hours a day for a few days just in case he does decide to come out for a little, but if he doesn't then just leave 'em off.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ilovecaimantegus1980