• Hello guest! Are you a Tegu enthusiast? If so, we invite you to join our community! Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Tegu enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your Tegu and enclosure and have a great time with other Tegu fans. Sign up today! If you have any questions, problems, or other concerns email [email protected]!

Hibernation

rrcoolj

5 Year Member
Well often tegus do it without any persuasion. My little guy did it voluntarily and most do. Even tegus that do not completely hibernate, might still slow down dramatically. Letting your tegu hibernate is extremely natural and is often suggested. It will have no ill affects on his/her health aslong as its healthy. The pro is you don't have to feed it and the con is you really start to miss em. My tegu has been underground for a week and I already miss him :(.

PvtRaven

can a tegu go into hibernation if its stressed?I just recently got my Tegu.She is a redxblue hybrid.Ever sinced i bought her.She refuses food and just wants to sleep.Its april so it isnt regular time to hibernate.

reptastic

1,000+ Post Club
5 Year Member
PvtRaven said:
can a tegu go into hibernation if its stressed?I just recently got my Tegu.She is a redxblue hybrid.Ever sinced i bought her.She refuses food and just wants to sleep.Its april so it isnt regular time to hibernate.

she most likely is just acclimating to the new surroundings, she dosnt feel safe yet just give her a little time and she will start coming around, just dont force it!

Zelera

5 Year Member
First time going threw hibernation here.my tegu is showing no signs of slowing down yet but I have both her lights on half a day.should i cut back and just leave 1 light on all day?

G

Turn the lights back on and let your Tegu make the first move .. Light is as important as food ...

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ilovecaimantegus1980