• Hello guest! Are you a Tegu enthusiast? If so, we invite you to join our community! Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Tegu enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your Tegu and enclosure and have a great time with other Tegu fans. Sign up today! If you have any questions, problems, or other concerns email [email protected]!

Holiday Travel Advice Needed

PuffDragon

1,000+ Post Club
5 Year Member
Well it's that time of year again and I have to travel between two families...I really don't trust any of my friends or family to look after Faden while I am away (4 days). So, I plan on getting a 30 G tank and taking him with me. Travel time will look like this: Relocate Faden into new tank, bring to truck pre heated up(as its 30 F here), drive a hour and a half away to Dads house, bring Faden inside and set him up. How much stress do you think this will cause? Should I treat it like he just got shipped and give him some time to get aclimated? He's been doing really well with me and we spend a few hours together everyday so I just want to make sure he's comfortable. Any advice on what I need to bring (besides the basics) or do? Or fore go it all and find someone to care for him? Thanks!

COWHER

5 Year Member
i think he may be a little shook up by the move even when you get back home he may be a little unsure but if it needs to get done for him to be cared for properly then its gotta be done. i think if you could find some one who is responsible to just drop some food in a dish in there and change the water that that might be better. even tho he shouldn't be fed in his home at least he wont be tossed around. well thats just my two cents. hope it works out well :wink: :lol: :lol: :lol:

DaveDragon

1,000+ Post Club
5 Year Member
You should be able to leave him alone for 4 days, even if he doesn't get fed in that time he'll be less stressed than if he traveled twice in sub-freezing temps.

dorton

5 Year Member
I say he will be fine for a few days. Just like in nature, not everyday would a tegu be able to find a big juicy rat or carrion meal.

COWHER

5 Year Member
just make sure he will have fresh water and your humidity stays good and i think if you feed him a huge fat mouse he'll be fine for a few days :wink: :D

VARNYARD

Former Admin
1,000+ Post Club
5 Year Member
I agree, in nature there is often times bad weather. Two or more weeks of storms, I don't think they would come out to eat in the wild, a few days without food is not going to hurt him a bit. However, I bet he will be glad to see you when you get back. :)

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DoritoDan