• Hello guest! Are you a Tegu enthusiast? If so, we invite you to join our community! Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Tegu enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your Tegu and enclosure and have a great time with other Tegu fans. Sign up today! If you have any questions, problems, or other concerns email [email protected]!

house spiders - DUW

JohnMatthew

1,000+ Post Club
5 Year Member
I love my house spiders, inside and out, so thought I'd share a couple recent photos.

These are one of my favorite inside spiders, this girl was carrying an eggsac and was near a smoke detector so you get an idea how large she is:
100E0827.jpg

100E0828.jpg

Found this jumper today on the side door with a rather large prey item. There are some really cool jumping spiders around here, hard not to love them!
100E0978.jpg

100E0977.jpg

100E0976.jpg

100E0975.jpg

G

Awesome pictures, but ew spiders lol. If I saw a spider that big in my house I wouldn't be able to sleep at night.

slideaboot

5 Year Member
RHETORICx said:
Awesome pictures, but ew spiders lol. If I saw a spider that big in my house I wouldn't be able to sleep at night.

Yeah...my fiancee wouldn't LET me sleep at night until those guys were GONEZO!!!

TheTeguGurl

OK! i know ALOT of ppl LOVE spiders. And those are some GREAT pics.... My view point :yik :yik :yik :yik :yik :yik :yik :yik :yik :yik :yik omg I would run and scream and never want to live in my house again!.... But other then that you did a great job with those pics, thank you for sharing :yik :yik :yik :yik :yik :yik :yik

JohnMatthew

1,000+ Post Club
5 Year Member
Yeah, spiders get a bad rap. These guys mostly stay on the walls/ceilings and help me by eating other insects I don't want flying in my face like moths. They also help keep roaches down and I'm sure the babies are one of the reasons I don't have ants in the kitchen(that and not leaving crumbs around but I like to think positively for the spiders!!). The only spiders I ever see on the ground are what we call wolf spiders down here, no idea if that's what they really are but they'll run from under 1 piece of furniture to the next in the blink of an eye.

Not to mention with halloween coming up I don't have to buy any fake cobwebs :rofl

Bwindi

Spiders are one of my favorite animals.
I really don't understand why people are afraid of them. Yeah, sure, they bite... but anything with "mouth parts" can bite also!

new2tegus

Just curious as to what kind of spider that is on the ceiling, I know female wolf spiders are known to do just that, and it has the body for it,but I will be the first to admit I don't know all that much about spiders involving what kind they might be. I will say I do love jumpers, mainly because pardon me, they have balls. If you put your finger down, they won't move, in fact most of the time they will try to move away,but have no problem even when given room of attacking you haha.

herpgirl2510

I wish I was not so petrified of spiders. I can remeber being like 7 years old and my grandmother had a bite on her hand I asked he how she got it she said it was from a spider. Since hat day I am terrified of them thy give me the willies. I haave always lied in ery old houses so there are spiders I do better now inoring them beause I know they are not going to ome after me. If it was that big I could not sleep again. I do force myself to look at the tarantulas in a reptile store I hate being so afraid.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ilovecaimantegus1980