• Hello guest! Are you a Tegu enthusiast? If so, we invite you to join our community! Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Tegu enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your Tegu and enclosure and have a great time with other Tegu fans. Sign up today! If you have any questions, problems, or other concerns email [email protected]!

Housing Question

Yes or no? if you vote no please explain why.

• Total voters

misterpc23

5 Year Member
Don't you think i'd be wise to wait until the current animal you have grows to its full size before you get another? When I first got my tegu I wanted to own so many other large lizards but as he grows I'm realizing how costly it would be and how much space they would take up.

SnakeCharmr728

5 Year Member
Please think things through without being tunnel visioned. No. they cannot be housed together. Different behaviors, different territorial displays, different diet, different temps, ones wc ones cb, they would NEVER come in contact with eachother in the wild or even know how to interact. If you cannot house each species separate then you are not ready for either species. & when getting a black throat you need to realize you will have a 5+ft dinosaur within the 1st year that means at LEAST a 10x8x6 with 3ft of sandy loam, cluster lighting, whole prey... Monitors are a completely different ball game than caring and housing a tegu.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ilovecaimantegus1980