• Hello guest! Are you a Tegu enthusiast? If so, we invite you to join our community! Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Tegu enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your Tegu and enclosure and have a great time with other Tegu fans. Sign up today! If you have any questions, problems, or other concerns email [email protected]!

housing tegus together?

GraphiK

5 Year Member
I believe male tegus will fight for dominance and supremacy if housed together, bobby or another of the breeders on here will no for sure though.

GraphiK

5 Year Member
I think a lot of it comes down to enclosure size (Does each tegu have it's own basking area as well as hide?) and the individual tegus themselves. I know young males can be housed together but it's the older ones that I have heard cause problems together.

TEGU_JAKE

5 Year Member
GraphiK said:
I think a lot of it comes down to enclosure size (Does each tegu have it's own basking area as well as hide?) and the individual tegus themselves. I know young males can be housed together but it's the older ones that I have heard cause problems together.
i know u would have to have a hide and a basking spot for each but i agree with u on the size of enclosure i have 1 tegu in an outdoor cage thats 8 feet long X 6 feet wide X 5 feet tall and i plan on putting my gaint in it with my normal

GraphiK

5 Year Member
That's sounds like an awesome enclosure! I'm assuming your giant and normal are close to the same size right now? I'd hate for one of them to become a meal!

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Erectus