• Hello guest! Are you a Tegu enthusiast? If so, we invite you to join our community! Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Tegu enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your Tegu and enclosure and have a great time with other Tegu fans. Sign up today! If you have any questions, problems, or other concerns email [email protected]!

Housing together

cornking4

5 Year Member
I need some advice here. Sapphire is now 14" and I'm looking for a cage mate for her. Bobby has a 15" b&w that he has offered to me who I have both the time and space for (they would share Sapphire's 6'x7' which is currently sectioned off into a 6'x3' that she's staying in until she grows a bit more). I've considered every possible complication and have found no issues, but my mom still has a few questions. She loves Sapphire and plays with her often, but she feels that two tegus would be too much work. I'm currently a freshman in high school so I'll be going off to college in three years (even one tegu is hard to fit in a dorm) so the herps will be staying at home with her. Her biggest concern is that after I move out she was planning on going on a lot of short vacations, and that the gu's would need to be able to be fed easily in the enclosure by our neighbor (they would be fed separately in bins at all other times). This would mean that the two would need to eat together in the pen for a couple weeks of the year. Bobby says that it shouldn't be an issue and that they shouldn't fight, but I need some more opinions. For those of you that house tegus together, what are your observations? Do they ever fight or become aggressive toward each other at feeding time? If one or both of them turns out to be male, are there behavioral issues associated with breeding season?

Sorry for the long post but thanks for any responses! :-D

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mightytegu