• Hello guest! Are you a Tegu enthusiast? If so, we invite you to join our community! Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Tegu enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your Tegu and enclosure and have a great time with other Tegu fans. Sign up today! If you have any questions, problems, or other concerns email [email protected]!

Housing together ??

AWD247

5 Year Member
I have a question for members who are housing 2 tegus together, Do you find that having 2 in an enclosure keeps them reletively more calm, are there actions abit more comfortable knowing theres another one in with them,?

Ive seen videos of people with 2 or more in an enclosure and they seem to be more confident/comfortable, compared to just one in an enclosure by itself and a bit more flighty,

I have an extreme hatchling which so far has a great temperment interacts with me very well, gets a lil flighty at times but is awesome never really scared But, Ive also wanted another GU its same size/ age but not sure if its ok to house them together,.

What do you guys think

koikaren

5 Year Member
I just got a extreme and housed it with my blk and white and they love each other...Just look at my pics forum...i havent had any problems with them being together. hope this helps :)

AWD247

5 Year Member
I remember reading your posts before and it got me thinking, then I looked into it more and was suprised more people did house more than 1 and an enclosure and they were fine, I shoulda ordered 2 like I planned but wasnt 100% sure, but my extreme has been awesome and im wishing I had 2,
Yours look like they are perfectly fine together even with the size/ age difference

Dom3rd

5 Year Member
ok i am going to tie in with this post what size enclosure would you put two together in for indoors?

AWD247

5 Year Member
My larger of the 2 enclosures I have is roughly 9ft long x 4ft High x 3ft High x 3.5 Deep

koikaren

5 Year Member
AWD247 said:
I remember reading your posts before and it got me thinking, then I looked into it more and was suprised more people did house more than 1 and an enclosure and they were fine, I shoulda ordered 2 like I planned but wasnt 100% sure, but my extreme has been awesome and im wishing I had 2,
Yours look like they are perfectly fine together even with the size/ age difference

Yeah size dont seem to be an issue between them...I just Draco would take to me as easy as he took to Eragon......lol

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
It’s_me