• Hello guest! Are you a Tegu enthusiast? If so, we invite you to join our community! Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Tegu enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your Tegu and enclosure and have a great time with other Tegu fans. Sign up today! If you have any questions, problems, or other concerns email [email protected]!

Housing

Assasin

5 Year Member
Hey, i kno ive seen this threat before but i cannot seem to find it...but anyway ill just ask my question here...

would it be wise to just build my tegu a new terrarium than go out and buy a new glass tank as he gets bigger...any suggestions on what to use? thanks!

ApriliaRufo

5 Year Member
Backwards bro. Lol. Hey I'm Drew, gotta introduce myself. Anyway, if you've got the money to build a cage, I'd just build his 8x4x4 and section it off. If the cage is too big, they'll get nervous, but the cage you'll need when they're an adult is gonna be a lot bigger than any glass tank you could buy. If you're looking for a temporary home while he's small, I'd get a good size long tank, about 2 - 2 1/2 times his length, then go up as you need.

ColdThirst

5 Year Member
just build one now and if you cant fit a tank in your house now, then you probably dont need a pet that gets that big and has to be kept inside. Mine is going to be 8x2.5x2.5 and the boa cage is gonna be underneath it. Ans i havent even gotten mine yet, but its gonna be sixmonths old when i get it.

Aranha

5 Year Member
I say buy something smaller and buy bigger as it grows. When it reaches the leight when u no longer can use normal tanks just check for used ones becose theres usually alot of ppl selling old big tanks and its most often really cheap since they wanna get rid of em ^^

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DoritoDan