• Hello guest! Are you a Tegu enthusiast? If so, we invite you to join our community! Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Tegu enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your Tegu and enclosure and have a great time with other Tegu fans. Sign up today! If you have any questions, problems, or other concerns email [email protected]!

How Long In A 40 Breeder???

BOOSTFEEN

5 Year Member
Hi hope all is well. I was just curious about asking this question how long can a hatchling be in a 40g breeder tank(36"x18"x16"). I ask because I wanna give a hatchling to a family member of mine but all he has is that size tank for now. Any help will be appreciated as I don't know the answer to this because all my tegus were never in glass tanks.

Nero

5 Year Member
I still have my baby tegu in a 40 gal hes about 16 inches I wont put him in his final tank till the end of the year.

VARNYARD

Former Admin
1,000+ Post Club
5 Year Member
It depends on hibernation, if they do not hibernate then a 40B will not last a year.

BOOSTFEEN

5 Year Member
Oh ok well then ill let him know that he should just start looking for an enclosure sooner then later just in case it doesn't hibernate. Thanx for all the info everybody you guys are great.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Erectus