• Hello guest! Are you a Tegu enthusiast? If so, we invite you to join our community! Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Tegu enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your Tegu and enclosure and have a great time with other Tegu fans. Sign up today! If you have any questions, problems, or other concerns email [email protected]!

How much are Columbian Black and white tegu's in the UK?

MollyHarwood123

Ive been interested in getting a tegu for a while, been doing lots of research, but i cant seem to find many people selling columbian black and whites. Can someone please tell me the average price for one please?

JohnMatthew

1,000+ Post Club
5 Year Member
I think they wholesale in the 15-20 dollar range, should be able to get one from a petstore/supplier for around 50 bucks..

MollyHarwood123

thank you :) As for the feeding, can you tell me how much they need to be fed in each feeding, and how often. What age do you need to cut down the feeding etc?

Bri.

5 Year Member
Try more like £250 for a youngster.
Have a look on reptileclassifieds or RFUK, you usual find them for sale on there. Good luck :)

james.w

1,000+ Post Club
5 Year Member
Bri. said:
Try more like £250 for a youngster.
Have a look on reptileclassifieds or RFUK, you usual find them for sale on there. Good luck :)

How much are the Argentines?

Bri.

5 Year Member
Sorry, really should try reading posts on a full size screen, not on my iPhone :(
Sorry, saw black and white and made the mistake of thinking you were after an Argentine. Most of the tegus I've seen recently have been argentine black and whites, or golds. Young Argentines are around £250, golds around £125.

JohnMatthew

1,000+ Post Club
5 Year Member
I didn't even notice the UK part of the question, $125 for columbians though, that's nuts!

TeguBuzz

1,000+ Post Club
5 Year Member
JohnMatthew said:
I didn't even notice the UK part of the question, $125 for columbians though, that's nuts!

Euros, not dollars. That makes 125 euros around a 165 dollars... So even more. Crazy haha.
Wait, those are pounds, never mind.

That's close to 200 dollars.

Bubblz Calhoun

1,000+ Post Club
5 Year Member
They are definitely no where close to as cheap as over here. So I know Blues (when people know what they are) and Reds over there are ridiculous prices.

Bri.

5 Year Member
Blues range from £250-£750. I've seen Reds for around £150-£350.

We are still using £ not the euro. We didn't join the single currency.

Kimmie

Cookie costed 200 euro. Yea I know ouch. I felt scammed when i saw the prices on reds which was 60 euro.

but PS he is a Argentine. Is the price another then?

MadameButterfly

JohnMatthew said:

Just posted this on a different thread but it works here too

I live in Ireland so Tegus are hard to come by, I had my enclosure made by my brother in law for free so for my tegu, the heat lamp, the uv light, a weeks worth of food and the substrate it cost me €285 (about $375), the Tegu alone cost me €165 (about $217)

Herpalist

Black & whites always sell well in Europe but I know many reptile store owners that are finding them hard to come by from wholesalers these days. They are not near as plentiful as they used to be.

DavidRosi

Bubblz Calhoun said:
They are definitely no where close to as cheap as over here. So I know Blues (when people know what they are) and Reds over there are ridiculous prices.

Here in the UK, for an Argentine B&W you'd be looked at about £260, which, off the top of my head must be in the $350 mark in the USA?

Think it's a very different market in this part of the world. Rules and Regulations causing nothing but pain-staking frustrations.

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Juiced