• Hello guest! Are you a Tegu enthusiast? If so, we invite you to join our community! Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Tegu enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your Tegu and enclosure and have a great time with other Tegu fans. Sign up today! If you have any questions, problems, or other concerns email [email protected]!

How much longer..?

BatGirl1

1,000+ Post Club
I'm just nervous that since he's in his big cage now and temps are up he'll deplete his tail reserves and be in trouble. :(

BatGirl1

1,000+ Post Club
Today I was in a lot of pain so I did not pull niles out or try to feed. Just put his lights on and refilled fogger. Ugh. So I'm fairly certain he slept all day. I really thought the new enclosure with warmer temps and better humidity etc would get him waking up! :(

Diablo

5 Year Member
I just woke Yoshi up. I'm not going to feed him unless he stays up for two days in a row. I'm just hoping since it's getting warmer outside and I'm leaving the lights on he will stay up.

Sent from my DROID RAZR

chelvis

1,000+ Post Club
5 Year Member
Warmth and lights sometime aren't enough to wake a tegu from hibernation. Best to just let them do what they do.

BatGirl1

1,000+ Post Club
Re: RE: How much longer..?

chelvis said:
Warmth and lights sometime aren't enough to wake a tegu from hibernation. Best to just let them do what they do.

I'm slowly learning this...grrrr. but today i got him to at least realize 'basking is nice '... :) wouldn't eat but he's at least not going straight for his hide [attachment=6623][attachment=6624]

Attachments

• uploadfromtaptalk1363014779712.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1363014779712.jpg
    82 KB · Views: 11
  • uploadfromtaptalk1363014807040.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1363014807040.jpg
    79 KB · Views: 10

Diablo

5 Year Member
chelvis said:

Yeah I've figured this, has anyone ever had a tegu that just never woke up from hibernation? I know it's highly unlikely, it just seems like my guy is in the deepest sleep possible. He went back down to sleep again lol.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ilovecaimantegus1980