• Hello guest! Are you a Tegu enthusiast? If so, we invite you to join our community! Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Tegu enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your Tegu and enclosure and have a great time with other Tegu fans. Sign up today! If you have any questions, problems, or other concerns email [email protected]!

How much longer..?

Diablo

5 Year Member
So Yoshi has been down since early november...when do you guys think he will be up? Could he possibly stay down until April?

Steven.

Bans has been down too.. And i live in Florida where its already hot... I miss my little one

sent from my phone to your eyes

chitodadon

1,000+ Post Club
Godzilla has been down since January it helped a lil bit but I hope he is still tame wjen he wakes up

from Samsung Galaxy S3

chelvis

1,000+ Post Club
5 Year Member
Here I was hoping Bosco would go down this year like last year so i can work on other reptile projects, but noooo he had to stay up all winter.

Hope your gus wake up soon, can't wait to see the post hibernation photos!

laurarfl

1,000+ Post Club
5 Year Member
I like Bosco's new photo! I kinda like it when they hibernate so I can have a break, lol. But i worry about the little guy.

chelvis

1,000+ Post Club
5 Year Member
Thanks! Yeah its nice to have the slow down period to upgrade some cage furniture and re stock the freezer. Oh well, I got a good long brake last year so I guess he is making up for it this year.

Skeetzy

My little guy, one of Laura's babies, went down the day I got him, Sept 11. I tried warming the cage up around late November, with no success. I let him be until yesterday, when I dug near his burrow till I discovered his tail, and he just dug himself deeper. Cage has been back and running for the past week. I'm hoping he comes out soon now. I'm going to leave the lights on till he does.

bfb345

Chubbs isn't hibernating thank god lol im not sure why but he stayed up hours later than usual last night lol hes funny haha

BatGirl1

1,000+ Post Club
I got niles on sept 11... funny coincidence :) but yeah he's still down. I just 'woke him up ' today to transfer to his 'big boy cage ' which is FINALLY FINISHED! Yaaaay

But after a little bit of wobbly walking, stretching, dirt licking, a tiny drink and of course some petting :) he buried himself in the peat. :( i want to keep the temps up and 'try ' to get him to come out of it an EAT SOMETHING...

And* eat something

chitodadon

1,000+ Post Club
I woke Godzilla up for some water yesterday then he went back to sleep

from Samsung Galaxy S3

BatGirl1

1,000+ Post Club
Yeah, today i got niles up because had to remove all the dusty peat and soak it...then when I was done he crawled back under his hide. :/ but when he was up i put him in his water twice and he dug around a bit and watched me working on his substrate like "mommy, what the heck are you doing with my peat??? " haha. :)

Laura said some can sleep til APRIL... please god no. :/

BatGirl1

1,000+ Post Club
Ugh. So I just had him basking. Tried to feed him some chicken. I even put some in is mouth and he just spit it back out. :( sooooo..... again, we wait.

Diablo

5 Year Member
Yup I'm still waiting too. Although he is giving me time to start his final cage which I need built by the summer. Right now he is in a 4x2x2 and I don't like the cage at all.

Sent from my DROID RAZR

BatGirl1

1,000+ Post Club
Other than dimensions, what don't you like about the cage? Like what do you have and what would you do differently? Just curious :)

Diablo

5 Year Member
The inside is reflective I'm not sure what the cage is actually made out of. It's a type of plastic almost like pvc pipe. So I had to make modifications so it wasn't as bright. Also the doors squeak super loudly when I open it and it always scares him. And the sides get condensation on them when the humidity is high and I always have to wipe them lol. It was a cheap cage and is only temporary anyways.

Sent from my DROID RAZR

chelvis

1,000+ Post Club
5 Year Member
When a tegu wants to hibernate its best to just let it happen. DO NOT feed a sleeping tegu. If they eat on there own thats fine but do not force them too. If they end up eating and then going right back to sleep the food can rot in the gut. Best to just wait to make sure they are up for a few days before feeding them.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ilovecaimantegus1980