• Hello guest! Are you a Tegu enthusiast? If so, we invite you to join our community! Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Tegu enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your Tegu and enclosure and have a great time with other Tegu fans. Sign up today! If you have any questions, problems, or other concerns email [email protected]!

How much should they be eating?

Tiamat

5 Year Member
So I have an Argentine red that's female and about a foot and a half long. It seems that every time I come by the cage shes acting hungry (quickly shoots up to the area of the enclosure where I am). When I give her food she runs up really quickly and and gobbles it down almost instantly. She can easily finish a handful of ground turkey in one sitting. Also live feeding day is once a month and she can easily eat 4 large mice.

How much should I be giving her? I dont want her to be hungry but I also know tegus have a problem with obesity.

Walter1

Staff member
1,000+ Post Club
5 Year Member
They eat alot lol. Wouldnt worry about being fat until adult. Tegus grow rapidly so they need alot of nice food.
I agree and like the comment. Still worth skipping a feeding once in a while like every three weeks wjen growing just to clean out the lower GI.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
T.C.