• Hello guest! Are you a Tegu enthusiast? If so, we invite you to join our community! Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Tegu enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your Tegu and enclosure and have a great time with other Tegu fans. Sign up today! If you have any questions, problems, or other concerns email [email protected]!

How Screwed am I?

Jessie James

So my 3 month old Colombian crawled through a gap above the toe kick and below the bottom of my sink cabinet. He has refused food for days and I was trying to feed him in the bathroom when it happened. I have tried luring him out with many different foods he likes and even tried leaving the stuff there to see if he would come out... but nothing. So I tried to remove the toe kick which was a bit noisy and I haven't even heard him move around under there since. We are moving soon and I am afraid if he chooses to go as long as possible without food to stay "safe" then he will be lost forever. How screwed am I?

CaptainLeeshy

I would suggest trying to get him out! He may not be happy about it now, but he will be afterwards! The Savannah I'm watching did something really similar, but he's 3 1/2 ft long. He fought the whole way through but he was very happy afterwards! If you have night crawlers or super worms you could try luring him with that too! I'm not an expert on reptiles, but that seemed to be the only way from my experience because Leo wouldn't come out on his own no matter what I tried.

Jessie James

I have tried everything I can think of minus ripping out the sink and cabinet, which isn't an option since I rent and will be moving very soon. He still hasn't come out for anything and honestly I don't know if there is anywhere under there for him to have exited the house or gone into a wall through.

CaptainLeeshy

I would ask your landlord for permission. I think that's the only way. I had to physically remove Leo from behind the toilet water pipe.

Jessie James

Nothing. I haven't even heard movement on the longest time. I think he found a hole in the wall or something to exit through.

Jessie James

Found him yesterday trying to eat the food I just laid out for one of my cats. Little guy is lucky I spotted him before our youngest cat did.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
T.C.