• Hello guest! Are you a Tegu enthusiast? If so, we invite you to join our community! Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Tegu enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your Tegu and enclosure and have a great time with other Tegu fans. Sign up today! If you have any questions, problems, or other concerns email [email protected]!

how to tell

erin

5 Year Member
okay we rescued a new tegu a few weeks ago. He is said to be about 5 years old.Eats like crazy, very hungry.Diet before us consisted of ferret food :roll: .He is now eating some fruits, chicken,beef heart,mice and ground turkey.I did a search and found few answers.Compared to my tegu Piggy he looks to be on the thin side.I know they store there fat in there tails.But what other ways can you tell if a tegu is under weight.Thanks alot for the help!

LouDog760

5 Year Member
<!-- l --><a class="postlink-local" href="http://www.tegutalk.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=20" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">viewtopic.php?t=20</a><!-- l -->

Check the home page for more information!

omgtaylorg

5 Year Member
if its a male alot of the fat would be stored in his jowels too, they should be large, other than that they should just have a nice size belly and a thick thick tail base...you would know if it was malnurished

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Pags1029