• Hello guest! Are you a Tegu enthusiast? If so, we invite you to join our community! Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Tegu enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your Tegu and enclosure and have a great time with other Tegu fans. Sign up today! If you have any questions, problems, or other concerns email [email protected]!

howdy all

kane

hello all, been reading some posts for sometime now and finally signed up. new to the tegu life but absolutely love them. i dont know the age of mine as i got her from a friends friend kinda thing. shes still pretty untamed if that would be the words. have had her for about 5 or so months and cant wait till shes a puppy dragon

Walter1

Staff member
1,000+ Post Club
5 Year Member
hello all, been reading some posts for sometime now and finally signed up. new to the tegu life but absolutely love them. i dont know the age of mine as i got her from a friends friend kinda thing. shes still pretty untamed if that would be the words. have had her for about 5 or so months and cant wait till shes a puppy dragon
Hi Kane and welcome. Please post a picture of her. Folks are friendly. We'll help you out.

kane

15644374_10154433371869331_1945816490_n.jpg

i have now since added thick window plastic to the screen to help with humidity and currently in the works of building a proper enclosure for her, shes all red i don't know if shes a Paraguay red or Argentine red, but from what ive read they're the same species just different locations? shes about 3 foot or so total havent really measured she wont let me come close with a tape lol

Walter1

Staff member
1,000+ Post Club
5 Year Member
15644374_10154433371869331_1945816490_n.jpg

i have now since added thick window plastic to the screen to help with humidity and currently in the works of building a proper enclosure for her, shes all red i don't know if shes a Paraguay red or Argentine red, but from what ive read they're the same species just different locations? shes about 3 foot or so total havent really measured she wont let me come close with a tape lol
Beautiful. Keeping in humidity is good, and so is aeration. Make sure air isn't stale.

beantickler

Welcome kane... Im digging your Tegu... Id love to see a pic that shows her true color though cause it almost looks like there is almost no pattern.

kane

Welcome kane... Im digging your Tegu... Id love to see a pic that shows her true color though cause it almost looks like there is almost no pattern.
ill try to get one tomorrow during bath time for her lol no promises, shes also in shed that may have something to do with it. and the term "her" is completely a guess i haven't truly sexed her yet to make certain shes still pretty crazy, im assuming because of that "puberty" stage

kane

The red i had was a horrible shedder... Cod liver oil in her diet is the KEY... I promise you after a few weeks of feeding her cod liver oil she will be shiny and flake free
yah im going to definitely pick some up tomorrow after work, been reading post after post about it and it seems almost like a magical thing lol

beantickler

Lol I had the same thoughts after reading about it here so much... Believe me the hype is real... It should be called magic oil... hahahaha

Sent from my SM-N920V using Tapatalk

Walter1

Staff member
1,000+ Post Club
5 Year Member
They may well be different, but both will do the trick. Good finds.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ilovecaimantegus1980