• Hello guest! Are you a Tegu enthusiast? If so, we invite you to join our community! Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Tegu enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your Tegu and enclosure and have a great time with other Tegu fans. Sign up today! If you have any questions, problems, or other concerns email [email protected]!

Howdy from Hollywood

Ari Gold

5 Year Member
I'll start off by saying hello and introducing myself. I'm Christopher and I'm 21 and work in the film industry here in Hollywood. Animals have always been my passion and when I recently moved out on my own, I felt lost without a pet. In the past I've had a box turtle, 2 frogs, 3 cats, 2 dogs, 1 rat, 1 dwarf hamster, 1 crow, 1 iguana, and took care of countless other things.

I did a little research and found that snakes fit my schedule at the time very well, so I purchased my first herp since my frogs 10 years ago, a normal ball python who I named Ari Gold after the super agent on the HBO series Entourage.

I was hooked and just kept reading and reading about herps, and while my snake is awesome, the lack of a bond left me wanting more. After about 4 weeks worth of researching and evaluating, I decided to get a blue tegu from my buddies over at Reptile Depot (who I got my ball python from). Unfortunately by the time I decided to get one, a lady had purchased all of them and they were awaiting shipping. To say the least I was crushed and went home with my tail between my legs. I recieved word a few hours after getting home that they had found a red hiding in his substrate and that if I wanted him he was mine, and that if I didnt they had some B&W's coming in in a week. I did some more reading and decided I just couldnt wait and loved the mass of the reds, so I raced back to the store, held the little gu and snatched him right up. Got it home and in its cage and it explored for a while then in an instant it was burrowed under its water bowl and hasnt come out since.

Thats pretty much my story.. or well novel.

I've never been so excited for spring to come :).
But this gives me a good amount of time to build a large enclosure that will house my Cin. and establish a roach colony. so much prep to do, i feel like santa awaiting christmas.

olympus

5 Year Member
Welcome... That's a pretty cool story, hope everything works out for you. Once they start to grow and you can see how big they can get tegu are hot..

COWHER

5 Year Member
welcome to the addiction. We have alot of fun here and learn a bunch too. We're a fairly new site so if you got questions ask there are a lot of experienced people here. have fun and good luck :lol:

Ari Gold

5 Year Member
thanks everyone for the warm welcome. I'm sure I'll be quite active on here for the next few months since its as close as i can come to seeing a tegu since mine is sleeping.

PuffDragon

1,000+ Post Club
5 Year Member
Ari Gold said:
thanks everyone for the warm welcome. I'm sure I'll be quite active on here for the next few months since its as close as i can come to seeing a tegu since mine is sleeping.
How can Ari be sleeping? I see him every sunday night on HBO! :p

G

PuffDragon said:
Ari Gold said:
How can Ari be sleeping? I see him every sunday night on HBO! :p

Seasons over. :cry:

Ari Gold

5 Year Member
ari is my ball python....

Incinderella/Cinder (female/male) or just Cin for short is my tegu...

and yeah the season is over :( grrr.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
It’s_me