• Hello guest! Are you a Tegu enthusiast? If so, we invite you to join our community! Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Tegu enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your Tegu and enclosure and have a great time with other Tegu fans. Sign up today! If you have any questions, problems, or other concerns email [email protected]!

Hypoglycemia

dragonqueen4

5 Year Member
Anyone experience this problem with a Tegu or any other lizard?
If the tremors arent from MBD, Im thinking this is what my Tegu has.

Symptoms of hypoglycemia include:

dilated or nonresponsive pupils (in some species)
loss of righting reflex (when on back or side, the reptile cannot right itself)
tremors
torpor

he shows all these symptoms

MMRR - jif

5 Year Member
In 15 years of doing rescue we have never encountered a case of hypo or hyperglycemia in a lizard. I have been following your posts and was wondering if you can scan the bloodwork results and post them? I'd like to see them and pass them along to my herp vet (who has been keeping reptiles herself for 15 years and is awesome!).

We do have a chuckwalla in the rescue right now that is 17 years old and is hypothyroid. He has to have thyroid medication daily. This is the first experience with hypothyroidism that we've ever encountered in a reptile, also.

dragonqueen4

5 Year Member
I really hope this isnt what he has.
I can ask the vet for the bloodwork results, that would be great if you could pass it along to your vet for me :)

I noticed this morning when he was walking that he keeps his back legs and feet very close to the base of his tail when he walks and that when he lifts his left leg off the ground he nearly tips over on his ride side and vice versa.
You wouldnt believe how frustrated I am getting with not knowing what is going on with my little guy :(

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ilovecaimantegus1980