• Hello guest! Are you a Tegu enthusiast? If so, we invite you to join our community! Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Tegu enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your Tegu and enclosure and have a great time with other Tegu fans. Sign up today! If you have any questions, problems, or other concerns email [email protected]!

I can't really tell if it's hibernation..

spidersandmonsters

So Gaia has slowed down eating quite a bit, and has spent the majority of the last couple of days in her hide.. but when she was out, she was VERY active. She seems to do this whenever she goes through a growth spurt as well, so I'm not sure which way it's gonna go. She came out for about six hours today though, and ate a pretty big meal.
Is it safe to feed her right now? I've heard they will refuse food if they are going into hibernation, and I don't want her to starve if she isn't hibernating.

james.w

1,000+ Post Club
5 Year Member
Sounds like you are doing things right. Just follow her lead, if she is out offer food.

new2tegus

I'm thinking Jekyll is hibernating now as well. I offered food last time and he didn't touch it, came out last time to bask for a few hours, then went back down. He's been down about 5 days now, and no sign of him, unless he's coming out at night. I have a humidifier going and I've dropped the light time by about 2 hours.

spidersandmonsters

Well she woke up at her normal 4am this morning and gobbled up two arctic mice, looks like she may stay awake! :]

And thanks James, that's what I thought but I wanted to double check here just in case.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DoritoDan