• Hello guest! Are you a Tegu enthusiast? If so, we invite you to join our community! Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Tegu enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your Tegu and enclosure and have a great time with other Tegu fans. Sign up today! If you have any questions, problems, or other concerns email [email protected]!

I need help urgently !!

dayos96

My Tegu, Rico, Has had a bump on his back for a while now. Today when I bathed him, the bump fell off and is now an exposed piece of flesh. I HAVE NO IDEA what to do ! He is on a dirt substrate and i fear if i put him back in his enclosure that he will get dirt in his flesh. Please somebody help urgently :(

A picture is attached !
-Jake

Attachments

• AK7UPOp.jpg
    AK7UPOp.jpg
    625 KB · Views: 50

SnakeCharmr728

5 Year Member
Looks like it was necrotic tissue that is now coming off, take the dirt out of his enclosure so it can stay clean, give him a benadine/water solution flush you can soak him in it and then apply some neosporin cream or if you have any silvidine cream thats magic. He will grow scar tissue over it. just keep it clean so no infection starts.

Aardbark

5 Year Member
Yes make sure to clean the wound with warm water, and take out the dirt and replace it with newspaper. Just for temporary as the wound heals. As snake charmer said, make sure to put on some Neosporin or silvidine cream.

Roadkill

5 Year Member
Hard to tell exactly but it looks like it could possibly be a second or even third degree burn. In any case, the wound needs to be debrided of foreign material. Short baths are good, avoid long baths as excessive soaking can damage healing tissue. You want the wound to breathe as it heals but you want to keep out dirt, so application of a gauze bandage is recommended but this becomes difficult in most reptiles due to their wriggling and inability to understand what the bandage is for. I've made "jackets" out of vet wrap that worked well, but medical tape may be suitable for a lizard as small as yours.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
T.C.