• Hello guest! Are you a Tegu enthusiast? If so, we invite you to join our community! Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Tegu enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your Tegu and enclosure and have a great time with other Tegu fans. Sign up today! If you have any questions, problems, or other concerns email [email protected]!

i think its time

Bntegus

someone needs to cb breed t.teguixin Colombian tegus i don't no of anyone that has maybe someone has. i use to not really care for them but i really like them now and there size is a little easier to care for with people that keep as pets just my 2-cents thanks billy.

Bubblz Calhoun

1,000+ Post Club
5 Year Member
I know there was a clutch on the UK forums last year but I didn't keep up with it to find out what happened with them. Hopefully Laurarfl will chime in but I think she was considering pairing her two, I could be wrong about that.

Everyday I think Korben is a female more and more,.. eventually I'll have to concede and change his name. Either way,.. don't know if I would breed him or not. Maybe if I found one that caught my attention like he did.

laurarfl

1,000+ Post Club
5 Year Member
I have bred my pair, but the incubation wasn't successful. There is a super long incubation period that makes it is bit frustrating (and admittedly tedious). In the big picture, it is cheaper and easier to ranch them.

Bntegus

i understand it is easy to ranch them but there not the same they dont get handled right out of the egg fed with care. cb is what made the t.merianae so popular just my 2-cents thanks billy.

james.w

1,000+ Post Club
5 Year Member
It sounds like a good idea, but the fact that farmed babies are bought/sold so cheap it will be tough to turn a profit of CB. This is one of the big reasons most monitors are not CB.

AP27

I'm not 100% positive on this, but the woman I got Odin from at an expo last year was from varanus inc and I believe she said the columbian b&w's she had she bred and raised herself and has been doing so for years. She also had one breeding pair of reds, how I got Odin, but said she preferred breeding columbians.

JohnMatthew

1,000+ Post Club
5 Year Member
I would think if someone were producing CB columbians in the states they'd let be known. If I were I'd be posting it all over the place since there are currently no breeders of columbians known. The farmed babies are just so darn cheap people don't seem to want to bother. Though I bet if you could back it up with proof you'd have little trouble selling CBB columbian babies for 2-3 times the price farmed are fetching.

Bntegus

JohnMatthew said:
I would think if someone were producing CB columbians in the states they'd let be known. If I were I'd be posting it all over the place since there are currently no breeders of columbians known. The farmed babies are just so darn cheap people don't seem to want to bother. Though I bet if you could back it up with proof you'd have little trouble selling CBB columbian babies for 2-3 times the price farmed are fetching.

maybe someone has i just think it would be cool and you can always get more for cb. i can farm t.merianae and sell them for 40$ and still make money but that would change the business like the bp world did. ok then its time to cross them lol then you would have a short fat tegu.

laurarfl

1,000+ Post Club
5 Year Member
Oops....did I drop that????

oreosegg.jpg

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Pags1029