• Hello guest! Are you a Tegu enthusiast? If so, we invite you to join our community! Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Tegu enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your Tegu and enclosure and have a great time with other Tegu fans. Sign up today! If you have any questions, problems, or other concerns email [email protected]!

i think my colmbian is hibernating.

adam1120

only come out for like 30 min around 1230 and maybe another 30 min later but not likily mostly just inat 1230. he is a colmbian for sure but its the summer

TheTeguGurl

Do you have a pic? what is his basking temps. Could be the fact they could be too hot or too cold for him?
What is the temps in his tank and the humidity?

adam1120

idk how to post pic on her only got my evo phone to tak epics with and basking temp is 120 and ambi temp is 86 and cant keep humdiity but keep substrate moist and mist him 3 times a day

TheTeguGurl

ok your basking temp is too high should be 105 to 110.. he is getting over heated.. lower the temp to like 107 for awhile and see how he does!

what type of substance are you using?

reptastic

1,000+ Post Club
5 Year Member
Yep 120 is much to high, once you lower the temps he should start coming out more often

reptastic

1,000+ Post Club
5 Year Member
Since you have an android phone if you click new reply instead of a quick reply you can scroll down and click upload attachments and upload the pics directly from your phone right into the message

adam1120

here what i got my colmbian in and a pic of him ill get better one just first time using this and hard lol not good with comps. his name is tigger:D
here he is next to broken remote:D

and i use a soil/sand cpryess mulch keep his tunnels well i dont and never feed in cage always out the stick at the corner is so he can come out when im near my lazy boy and he gets on the wood and comes out of the tank instead of me gettin in there and getti him he loves attention lol

Attachments

• tigs tank.jpg
    tigs tank.jpg
    41.6 KB · Views: 6
  • tigs.jpg
    tigs.jpg
    34.7 KB · Views: 8
  • tigg.jpg
    tigg.jpg
    5.6 KB · Views: 9

adam1120

the repti sun 10.0 tube only thing i trust but i think ima buy mvb for the first time for my tegu im gettin in july but can i also put a repti sun 10.0 on it or will it be uvb overdose?

james.w

1,000+ Post Club
5 Year Member
I use a MVB and repti-sun 10.0 tubes on my Tegu and Rhino and they seem to be doing fine.

adam1120

nice i wanna put the long one the 56 in the tank with it to give more light and uvbi cant wait to get my tegu im soo excited

adam1120

omg i now i cant even think about it lol ima be lookin out the window the whole time and guy who deliever it lol:DDDD

Rhetoric

Staff member
1,000+ Post Club
5 Year Member
haha i dont think many members sleep that night, they're all on here updating each other :p

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ilovecaimantegus1980