• Hello guest! Are you a Tegu enthusiast? If so, we invite you to join our community! Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Tegu enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your Tegu and enclosure and have a great time with other Tegu fans. Sign up today! If you have any questions, problems, or other concerns email [email protected]!

Iguanas?

teguboy77

5 Year Member
Thats funny you say that i just got a iguana from a friend who never held the poor thing and now he is alittle sqirmy but not mean at all,i've keep green iguana for a pretty long time to then stoped,i had my first one at age 14 and always like them.Good luck. :D

greentriple

5 Year Member
Ah, the green iguana. I had a girl, Harriett, for over 10 years, she was great. I would letter roam around Golden Gate Park, Venice Beach (great bikini story there), Balboa Park and just about everywhere I went Harriett came too.

She made through the 1989 Loma Prieta earthquake and 10 day without power. She moved from Berkeley to Santa Cruz to Los Angeles, to Berkeley to San Diego oh and a stint in San Francisco too.

She was a beautiful bright green with quite a bit of red for a female, and such a sweet personality. She only bit one person, my ex.

Alas, she and my dog did not get along and the ex held a grudge so Harriett went to live outside and my Dad's. She lived another 2 years and then passed at the age of around 13 or 14.

Until El Che, I've not owned another herp.

playlboi

5 Year Member
man, your green iguana went through a lot greentriple. yeah, the baby green iguana i just bought is a bit squirmy, but that's expected. but he seems cool though, not a hint of aggression so far. we'll see how it'll turn out. do any of you know the growth rate of these things?

desiree

5 Year Member
We have a male iguana Darby. He was found by a mother/daughter who left him in a box with a note on the vet's doorstep. I didnt even know about him til I came home from a conference to put one of our dragons [he travelled with me to the conf.] back in his enclosure, and there's a lil green iguana minus a tail. Bri had brought him home. This was in March 2005.

We fostered a female green for several months and adopted her out; Molly was abandoned at the vet after an examination and the owner left to get money for the bill and never came back.

And sadly our 11 year old girl Vega$ passed away last year due to illness. She was a 7 dollar iguana that I got at the old Costa Mesa Reptile Show in May 96. This girl definitely has made an impact on our lives and having her led me to meet lots of wonderful people, get involved in endangered reptile conservation, and the wildlife photography. Amazing how life is!

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
It’s_me