• Hello guest! Are you a Tegu enthusiast? If so, we invite you to join our community! Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Tegu enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your Tegu and enclosure and have a great time with other Tegu fans. Sign up today! If you have any questions, problems, or other concerns email [email protected]!

I'll ask anyway ..

Mike

1,000+ Post Club
5 Year Member
No, the Colombians don't eat or need fruit. Some blues eat them, some don't. The Reds and BWs both eat fruit and veggies.

angelrose

5 Year Member
hi snakehandler, AprilliaRufo and very nice to meet you Mike :-D
you knew I would be over here huh 8)
I'm trying to keep up with you guys, learning alot
my col. Angel definitely would not touch vegetables and fruit - now I know :idea: why is that :?:

how about fish :roll:
;)

WhiskeyTango

5 Year Member
blues and the columbians are gonna be way more carnivourous than the reds and black and whites.

Black and whites and reds will eat more fruit and veggies.

COWHER

5 Year Member
I have fed the skin from my fish fillets and Barbossa loves eating the little bits of meat still on the skin. try fresh fish not caned stuff

Aranha

5 Year Member
a good way to make em start eating fruit and vegies is by combining em with bits of fish or just rub em on something like ham or something meaty. After awhile they will start eating it. Worked wounders with my little buddy :). Most also like grapes (without seeds offcourse)

COWHER

5 Year Member
Aranha said:
a good way to make em start eating fruit and vegies is by combining em with bits of fish or just rub em on something like ham or something meaty. After awhile they will start eating it. Worked wounders with my little buddy :). Most also like grapes (without seeds offcourse)

but i don't think Colombians eat fruit naturally so why trick them into eating it in captivity?? They will be healthy being a carnivore. its going to cost you more time and money to have that wide of a variety for him to eat.. why not just get some rodent some ground turkey and some fish scrapes every week??

Aranha

5 Year Member
The reason why you trick em is to give them a taste of fruit an vegies. My tegu eats fruits and salads now without any rubbing or mixing. Works fine! :) Its never bad to make em eat something green. And some fruits and vegies even enhance color and such. I really recommend it.

boygenius

5 Year Member
hey angelrose,

saw you purchased a pair of argentine b&w from the other forum

just wanted to say awesome pick up.

tupifan

5 Year Member
my colombians eat fruit as long as it is sweet (banana, melon,...)
in the wild they also eat lots of fruits

gebris353

5 Year Member
Yeah, at least the Argentines do eat fruit specially sweet ones as said, you can see how Juancho likes them. Its natural for them to find fruits in the wild here in Argentina. I thinks its good so they have this variety, just like us, I dont think that would cost that much money and trouble as Cowher said, they dont eat much neither so just give them something you use to eat in your own house: a banana is not much if you buy many, a few cherries are not expensive if you buy them by kilo, etc. Anyway, as Cowher said too if the animal has been doing well you dont have to worry. In case you want to, try giving the fruits in raw egg so they will like it the first few times, then you take out the egg and give them alone. :-D

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DoritoDan