• Hello guest! Are you a Tegu enthusiast? If so, we invite you to join our community! Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Tegu enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your Tegu and enclosure and have a great time with other Tegu fans. Sign up today! If you have any questions, problems, or other concerns email [email protected]!

Im getting a red!!!

Magik

5 Year Member
Hey guys I'm getting myself a red tegu and I cant wait wont get it for few weeks though ever since reading through the posts on red tegus I just had to get one especially after seeing Bobby red "Fire" but I don't think my tegu would come anyway near Bobby that thing is magnificent no other way to put it!Anyway I will be sure to post pics as soon as I get it I know it will only be a hatchling!I cant wait!

MMRR - jif

5 Year Member
Enjoy your Red when you get it. They are magnificent creatures and very smart. I adore my big Red male, Clifford.
clifsaginawbodyshot.jpg

clifftoadshot.jpg

Magik

5 Year Member
After seeing all of the red posts just had to get one!I have only got my B&W about 2 months now and Im getting a red!Do you have B&W as well?Any diferences I should note?(besides Higher fruit in diet bulkier size and slightly more flighty?)

Magik

5 Year Member
Hahaha thanks guys for the pics and comments I cant wait I will post pics as soon as I get the little guy!

Magik

5 Year Member
I wish shabazz I would cut off an arm for one of bobbies tegus but alas I am too far across the pond to get one(The Atlantic ocean that is :-D ) but maybe one day....

Magik

5 Year Member
Hes a cracker dave everyones reds look great!They aresuch a nice animal when I was first into reps i was all about snakes now all my time space and money is going into tegus and I havnt looked back!How do you find them for calming down taming wise?I jhave heard they are more flighty?and whats the deal on the fruit front should I give it more fruit then my argentine?(he gets it twice a week?

DaveDragon

1,000+ Post Club
5 Year Member
We have 5 snakes too. They're much easier to care for, once you've got the setup right.

We got him as a rescue last year. He's about 7 years old. He's definitely a male, very bold but not too aggressive. There's a discussion going on about Reds needing more fruit. I don't buy into it. He eats what he wants, which is pretty much everything! Unfortunately anything small with an animal smell is food to him, including poop! I never said he was bright!!

VARNYARD

Former Admin
1,000+ Post Club
5 Year Member
I agree with Dave on the fuit, I really think there are better things to feed then fruit. My reds are not big fruit eaters and have shown no signs of bad sheds. I do give them cod liver oil as well as beef liver.

As for the reds being more flighty, I think they can be a bit more flighty, but they will calm down if handled and become very tame as well.

Magik

5 Year Member
Well as far as them being flighty I will just give him extra space until he comes to trust me would 2 males get along?Like a male B&W and a male Red?Coz i was planning on keeping them together up until they reach about 20 inches then giving them separate vivs what ya think guys?

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ilovecaimantegus1980