• Hello guest! Are you a Tegu enthusiast? If so, we invite you to join our community! Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Tegu enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your Tegu and enclosure and have a great time with other Tegu fans. Sign up today! If you have any questions, problems, or other concerns email [email protected]!

Im new *Graphic story and pics*

Coupe

5 Year Member
Tegu Tank said:
thats really ****** up i would really be pissed and said if that happed to me how is he doing now is he feeling better :-D
What one are you talking about? My Hybrid? or the Mangrove? They are both doing ok.. The Mangrove is moving around, but his head is really shakey. I think he might have some head problems, so he has a vet appointment next monday.

Coupe

5 Year Member
Well I had to make an emergency visit to my vet. My Mangrove has Brain swelling and is now blind, he also has alot of extra muchus in his mouth..and all he does is sleep. He wont eat..and i dont know how i am going to feed a blind mangrove, plus he wont eat anything.. I dont know if it is best to put him down, or should i work threw this and have a handicaped monitor. I am totaly willing to do so, but is it fair to him?

DaRealJoker

5 Year Member
I guess that's totally up to you, to work on it or just let it pass. I would ask a few questions tho, like is the blindness permanent or can it come back if the swelling goes away? Best of luck.

Coupe

5 Year Member
Thank you! thats what im im going to need is luck and determination. The vet said that the blindness might be permanent, but she cant know for sure enless they do testing, She wanted to keep him but i brought him home. Ill do what i can and see if he gets any better, otherwise i might have to put him to sleep. But right now it doesnt look so good. All he is doing is laying at the bottom of his cage all day and doesnt move.

Tegu Tank

5 Year Member
well i hope u can stay strong through these rought times as for your him being blind u should try to work around try holding him and making him feel comfortable but i bet your already doing

ashesc212

5 Year Member
Sorry to hear about your monitor. I hope everything works out for the best.

As for eating - he'd probably be able to rely on smell, no?

Jer723

5 Year Member
that really sux dude but your animals still look great nonetheless.
i wish whoever did this could be punished :(

Coupe

5 Year Member
The Mangorve passed away, He kept getting worse and worse.. He couldnt even open his mouth or walk around.
The SPCA said they can do an investigation on the person who did it, but they said that if they cant prove he did it then their is nothing they can do. They also told me they would contact me when the investigation was done. (if they even do it).

Filphfio

5 Year Member
hopefully the SPCA will have a positive turnout for you. keep us updated! how is that tegus tail coming along?

homer

5 Year Member
you know who did it? i wouldnt depend on the police or anyone else because they are right if they cant prove it then they wont do anything...thats when you take matters into your own hands...

ashesc212

5 Year Member
Man, I'm so sorry to hear that. ...I'd take matters into my own hands at this point...

Disclaimer: I'm not condoning anything, just talking hypothetically.

Coupe

5 Year Member
I do know who did it, and they boast about doing it as well.
Im not one to take matters into my own hands.. but He will get what he deserves.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ilovecaimantegus1980