• Hello guest! Are you a Tegu enthusiast? If so, we invite you to join our community! Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Tegu enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your Tegu and enclosure and have a great time with other Tegu fans. Sign up today! If you have any questions, problems, or other concerns email [email protected]!

I'm worried about my tegu

Spitfires

Hello I'm not too sure what category to put this in but I'm starting to get concerned about my tegu. She is 5-4 months old now and is as cute as can be. Anyways I live in Los Angeles and my house doesn't have any central heating so it's kinda cold up in here. I have 2 75w bulbs over her cage Along with the UVB light that's on 12 hrs a day. She eats pretty well but I haven't had her too long and I think she's starting to shed in a way. A little skin has come off her face but I no longer see any signs of skin come off anywhere. Another thing that really scared me that one of her toe nails had bent, and slowly come off. And I've noticed some of her other nails are starting to bend aswell. Also I noticed that most of the white areas around her are slowly starting to turn into some sort of yellowish color, I'm not sure if this is a sign of shedding or something else. So if I could get some recommendations about her I would really appreciate it. I don't mean to sound creepy in any way but I love this animal more then I can explain, I would die if anything severe happened to her. Thank you

Spitfires

image.jpeg

Attachments

• image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    549.4 KB · Views: 25

Walter1

Staff member
1,000+ Post Club
5 Year Member
Her toes are being instructed by something, maybe thread, causing ends to drop off.

The dis colored skin sounds like pre-shed.

Add another light at the hot end. Must get hot on one end and grade to cool on the other end.

Spitfires

Her toes are being instructed by something, maybe thread, causing ends to drop off.

The dis colored skin sounds like pre-shed.

Add another light at the hot end. Must get hot on one end and grade to cool on the other end.
The thing is about her toes, she usually always in her incloser which I just have normal reptile bark. When I have her outside the incloser i usually have her wonder around my bed or the couch, but I'm positive there's no threads to be caught on.. Thank you anyways

Spitfires

Also some one please look into this more for me, she has another toe on her front right arm that Is bent upwards. It's hard for me to get a picture but her nail doesn't even touch the ground, it's pointing almost straight up. Please help!

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
T.C.