• Hello guest! Are you a Tegu enthusiast? If so, we invite you to join our community! Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Tegu enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your Tegu and enclosure and have a great time with other Tegu fans. Sign up today! If you have any questions, problems, or other concerns email [email protected]!

Indoor breeding

Justin Findlay

I have 4 pairs I'm planning on an indoor breeding project! I didn't not know breeding indoors would be so difficult and can not seem to find any advise or Info. Any advise is needed!!! Someone had told me it is next to impossible but out of 3 pairs someone has got to lay eggs right?!...

Walter1

Staff member
1,000+ Post Club
5 Year Member
I know of no indoor breeding facilities for tegus of any species. That doesn't mean that indoor breeding isn't possible, but it'll be more challenging and expensive than ideal outdoor conditions for sure.

George W Witt

I bred mine indoors this year. But this is my first time breeding. I put them together for about 10 days. Until the female wasn't receptive anymore. Then I separated them. I put 2 hides in the enclosure. And I watched carefully to make sure they didn't fight for the first few days.

Walter1

Staff member
1,000+ Post Club
5 Year Member
I bred mine indoors this year. But this is my first time breeding. I put them together for about 10 days. Until the female wasn't receptive anymore. Then I separated them. I put 2 hides in the enclosure. And I watched carefully to make sure they didn't fight for the first few days.
Interested in updates. Good luck.

George W Witt

I know she's a bit chubby I feed her lots. But I'm pretty sure she is gravid. Looking for an incubator now lol :D:D:D

Attachments

• 20190331_205454.jpg
    20190331_205454.jpg
    2.2 MB · Views: 52

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ilovecaimantegus1980