• Hello guest! Are you a Tegu enthusiast? If so, we invite you to join our community! Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Tegu enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your Tegu and enclosure and have a great time with other Tegu fans. Sign up today! If you have any questions, problems, or other concerns email [email protected]!

Installing lights inside my Monitors tank????

dragonqueen4

5 Year Member
The room is warm.. like 80-85F.. from all the reptiles I have in there.. And . his hide is right next to his heat lamps and he spends all his time in there sleeping. I took him out today and he was freezing. I donÃ?¢ââ??‰â??¢t get it. He wont come out and bask. All he does is sleep.
SOO.. what I want to do.. it take out the chicken wire and put plywood there instead. There is still a very small opening in the top for ventilation. But, how do I install those light fixtures inside?? I know I would have to buy ceramic ones and not plastic.. is there anything else I should know? How do you put in a uvb light? Does anyone have any pics of this?

Leanne

Bosco013.jpg

White_Lotus

5 Year Member
i can take a picture of the lights inside my tegu cage for you tomorrow later on today and hopefully have them up Monday morning when I get off work...as for UV lights i never wasted my money on buying my sav a UVB light but if i were to get him a specialzed bulb it would be the UVA/UVB bulb.

chris allen

5 Year Member
Here is the big cage I did. I wired the two fixtures together, but you can do it seperate if you wanted to be able to unplug/plug either of them at seperate times. It would make it easier if like you said your room warms up, you can have the uvb fixture on one timer(all day), and the basking fixture on another timer, say for the earlier part of the day(make it turn off when it starts getting too warm). Or it would allow you to put a dimmer/thermostat on the basking fixture while leaving on the uvb fixture.

DSC_0009.jpg

chris allen

5 Year Member
I should have added also, with the fluorescent fixtures you can screw them directly to the top, but I use hooks and chain so I can lower them to the height I want. With the tegus, it has to be higher because they can reach them, but with my beardeds, I lower the fixture down to right above them.

Depending on the height in there, you may be able to just mount those dome lights inside, and use a smaller wattage bulb. Using an open type ceramic fixture like I have pictured, if the bulb is further away you have to use a narrow beam type bulb to direct the heat down instead of all over.

TanMan57

5 Year Member
On the cage im working on I have an idea on how to mount the lights it takes way to long to explain but once I have it completed ill post pics.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ilovecaimantegus1980