• Hello guest! Are you a Tegu enthusiast? If so, we invite you to join our community! Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Tegu enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your Tegu and enclosure and have a great time with other Tegu fans. Sign up today! If you have any questions, problems, or other concerns email [email protected]!

Introducing me and my tegu!

KordeksKritters

5 Year Member
Hello everyone! I am Kelly, new here to this forum, but am around lots of others. I finally got the time to join up, so I figured I would start with some pictures. This is Toni the tegu. I call her a girl, but who knows...Any ideas on her age? I got her about a month and a half ago, and really don't know much history on her, so have no way of knowing her age. She still has lots of greenish-brown in her, but is quite big.

When I got her, she was shaking somewhat, and I found out the hard way that my UVB light (10.0 tube) was crap and her MBD got worse quickly to the point of total body tremors. Well, it just so happened that someone GAVE me an MVB bulb the day before the body tremors. I put that on her that day (after a long convo with Bobby about what to do), and within 12 hours, not a single shake!! Her appetite has increased 2 fold (if that's possible for one of these monsters!), and all she wants to do now is run around and dig EVERYWHERE!

So anyhow, here are some pics I just shot after she got a nice long bath while I cleaned her cage. She just loves my bed!

Next to an index card for size comparison. She has a nipped tail.
DSCF6822.jpg

DSCF6821.jpg

Hey can I eat that? ("that" was my bed)
DSCF6820.jpg

DSCF6818.jpg

Finally back home. Don't bother me now.
DSCF6823.jpg

DSCF6824.jpg

DSCF6825.jpg

DSCF6826.jpg

DSCF6827.jpg

Just so you know, I am following the care sheet here to a T, so if you know the care sheet, you know what I am doing for her. Since the MVB bulb went on her, she has had 6 full body sheds (one finished today)! She is growing SUPER fast, and is taming down nicely. She is still a little jumpy when getting her out of the cage, and likes to gator roll when taking her to the bathroom for a soak, but otherwise is a big sweetheart. She really likes my bed, and digging behind my pillows. But I really think her favorite thing to do is EAT! I am waiting for her to get big and monster-sized. We run a reptile show in PA (Central PA Reptile Expo), and she has already become a staple there with us. People just love her and she loves the attention. She is one of the ones we use in our seminars to show what is a good reptile to own.

Thanks, and I look forward to getting to know you all better!

Kelly Kordek
Central PA Reptile Expo

Jer723

5 Year Member
welcome to tegu talk, i dont have a tegu . . . yet lol, but yours looks beautiful. and i hope you have fun on here, i sure do. good job with your tegu, and welcome again.

Jerry

ashesc212

5 Year Member
Awe, she's very pretty and what a voluptuous little belly! It's great that you were able to curb the MBD before it became a serious problem. Where'd you get her from?

Also, welcome to the board!

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Erectus