• Hello guest! Are you a Tegu enthusiast? If so, we invite you to join our community! Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Tegu enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your Tegu and enclosure and have a great time with other Tegu fans. Sign up today! If you have any questions, problems, or other concerns email [email protected]!

Introducing Tubbs the Tegu

millyme11

I got Tubbs a year ago as a rescue from a local reptile store. His past owners abused him, didn't have a UV at all, he was skin and bones when the store got him and he was missing the end of his tail. (He has a stub on the end of it now which we had checked out at the vets and it is fine, no danger). Whenever you came near the tank he would hiss, puff and tail whip...I was able to hold him on the second day of having him :)
uploadfromtaptalk1391103458012.jpg

It's been hard trying to show Tubbs the Tegu that I'm not the same as his past owners and I won't hurt him. And so far, I'd saying he is warming up to affection and will let me stroke him head to tail whilst he sleeps (and in the bath :) )

Love to my brave little Tubbs :)

uploadfromtaptalk1391103784016.jpg

millyme11

Tubbs will nearly always accept affection whilst having a bath :)
uploadfromtaptalk1391198774181.jpg

When I started stroking him, he started nuzzling my hand and then rested his hand against it when I was stroking him.

He always looks like he's smiling and having fun when having a bath
uploadfromtaptalk1391198961029.jpg

uploadfromtaptalk1391199038410.jpg

Midwestmonster

5 Year Member
Beautiful guy there. He looks very happy. Keep us posted on how he's doing They grow up so fast. It's nice having a thread to see his growth and maturity.

Midwestmonster

5 Year Member
I have a ton of videos of Buddy on my YouTube channel. It's under illdaddyrod. I update it often. There is even an unboxing where you can see how small he was 7 months ago.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ilovecaimantegus1980