• Hello guest! Are you a Tegu enthusiast? If so, we invite you to join our community! Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Tegu enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your Tegu and enclosure and have a great time with other Tegu fans. Sign up today! If you have any questions, problems, or other concerns email [email protected]!

Introduction during hibernation?

chelvis

1,000+ Post Club
5 Year Member
I just got my new tegu Kiska and was planning out the introduction to Bosco. She will have to be in quarantine for another few weeks but I was hoping once everything is checked out to try some sort intros. The problem is both are in hibernation. I was thinking of letting them sleep together but I do not want to put her with Bosco and have him wake up startled to have her next to him.

Now Bosco is waking up once a day to drink and Kiska is getting up every now and than. I have a gate I can use to split the cage and was thinking of using that. So they can meet up but not get at each other.

The other option is to wait till the are awake and then introduce them in the bathroom.

naturboy87

My 4 guys realy like sleeping to gether in a big lizard pile up lol when Aesop and Francis met Blue and Roxy every thing went grate i desided to let them meet right away so that they would get used to being around each other right away rather then whating and having them get established and sum whut dominate over whut is now their tretorie and might defend it being bad becus its all their trertories. and they still all get along grate every day eating sleeping and basking together almost alwase ...

Bubblz Calhoun

1,000+ Post Club
5 Year Member
You already know what my answer is :),.. wait. The first meeting could go either way, even if they get along for a bit things could always change. I think another member introduced tegus through a gate, sliding door or something over a period of time.

As little as Korben is he has charged Natsuki a couple of times when he got too close to his enclosure. Sometimes it's aggressive and others more inquisitive where he finds a good spot to keep an eye on him.

chelvis

1,000+ Post Club
5 Year Member
I know how Bosco has reacted in the past to new tegus, he just kind of ignores them and that's what he has done with Bacardi as well. Bacardi got into his cage the other day and Bosco just let him bask on his head, I wish I got a picture. With the last three tegus I have introduced to him he just kind of looks at them and then goes on his own. That being said I don't know about the female. Think I will wait and then try the gate along with the bathroom introduction.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ilovecaimantegus1980