• Hello guest! Are you a Tegu enthusiast? If so, we invite you to join our community! Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Tegu enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your Tegu and enclosure and have a great time with other Tegu fans. Sign up today! If you have any questions, problems, or other concerns email [email protected]!

Is it safe to use bread to give baytril liquid?

redtail2426

5 Year Member
Ok well I have trying to get my little guy to take his baytrill orally and it is just not happening so I tryied to pump it into a pinkie rat with not to much luck so I was thinking of putting it on a small peice of white bread and then feeding him the bread that is hidden in his turkey. Is it safe to feed a small peice of white bread to my tegu?

RehabRalphy

5 Year Member
i dont see any reason why not. Try wheat bread. The tegu will benefit more from the wheat bread (pack on weight also) than the white bread.

playlboi

5 Year Member
im guessing its alright. since tegus in the wild are reported to consuming a good amount of grains and vegetations. bread is, well, a good source of that. and i agree with rehabralphy that whole wheat bread would be better than regular white bread.

nat

5 Year Member
when I had a hard time giving antibiotics to my tortoise orally, I mashed it into banana. Not sure about the bread but if for some reason that doesn't work, banana is what worked for me!

snakehandler

5 Year Member
when giving baytril or any other medicine or even food when an animal isnt feeding after a sickness i use uretrha cable applied to a tube used for a syringe. gently put it in the mouth and then push it down the troath. make sure your animal doesnt get it in the lungs!

sorry for any bad english.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
It’s_me