• Hello guest! Are you a Tegu enthusiast? If so, we invite you to join our community! Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Tegu enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your Tegu and enclosure and have a great time with other Tegu fans. Sign up today! If you have any questions, problems, or other concerns email [email protected]!

is this ok for my baby???

Jer723

5 Year Member
hey guys i bought my red tegu at the wp reptile expo on april 19 it is now about a month and a half later and he has barely grown! he is around a foot and that is how big he was when i got him. i feed him liver chicken gizzards egg, cooked rodents once or twice a week with rep cal dust. hell take a few blueberries here and there but he only seems to be getting thicker. i have him with a 101 F bask with the powersun 100 watt. and a cool side of 80 with a 100 watt day bulb and i am using digital thermometers frsh water every day and using cypress mulch, i think im doing all the right things tell me if im wrong, why isnt he getting longer! thanks in advance

PLEASE HELP!!! :fc

Jerry

omgtaylorg

5 Year Member
How big of an enclosure is it in? And tegus do grow in spurts and all at different rates so for now I wouldnt worry but if it continues to not grow at all there may be a problem. But for now I dont see anything wrong, a small enclosure could be a reason for slow growing though as well which is why I ask.

Jer723

5 Year Member
well hes a ft long and hes in a 30 gallon. it seems fine as though all he does is eat sleep and bask, lol

VARNYARD

Former Admin
1,000+ Post Club
5 Year Member
Jerry I would get a float done to see if he has parasites, this might be a factor as well.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
T.C.