• Hello guest! Are you a Tegu enthusiast? If so, we invite you to join our community! Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Tegu enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your Tegu and enclosure and have a great time with other Tegu fans. Sign up today! If you have any questions, problems, or other concerns email [email protected]!

Jaws has been stolen

Taydeon

5 Year Member
I come home from work for lunch and as soon as i come through the door i notice my flat screen is missing......needless to say i already knew that my apartment got broken into....so then i got into the video game room and i noticed that they took my ps3 my xbox 360 and the flat screen tv that was in there....but i paid no attention to jaw's cage yet....as i walk through the house i noticed that they have stolen all my chicago bears memorbillia(cant spell still frustrated) and they also stole my fiancees rings and necklaces and her credit card that was laying on the dresser...they even took my blank cd's and laptop case but i had my laptop with me.....so after i call my fiancee and tell her what happend she was like at least we still got jaws and herman(my sons leopard tortoise) and then i looked in my sons room and they stole herman...and then i ran back to the game room and noticed the screen top off of jaw's cage......i mean who in the world would steal a childs tortise and tegu.... needless to say my son will be crying when he gets home from daycare as fridays he gets to take jaws to the park and show him off (some people actually wait there to see her sometimes)..this is really crazy and i dont want to bring anybody down with me...... but i just wanted to let everyone know that there will no longer be any more posts about jaws....or any tegus for awhile as i just found out my renters insurance does not cover animals and i will have to replace some of the stolen things with my own money because they only pay the current value of electronics not what you paid when you bought them......so if anyone knows of someone who has baby leopard tortises or baby tegu's for sale or for adoption.....please msg me or you can even call me at 757-390-5193 ask for tay

Azaleah

5 Year Member
OMG that is one of the most horrible things I have ever heard! If I hear anything or see anything suspicious on the internet, I will alert you immediately! I can't believe someone would do that... I don't know what I would do if I came home and my animals were missing. I really hope everything will be okay with you. And best of luck. I will be praying for Herman and Jaws' safety.

JohnMatthew

1,000+ Post Club
5 Year Member
That really really sucks, I'm sorry for you. But I'd start calling local pet stores/supply stores and seeing if they've had anybody trying to sell them a tortoise/tegu recently.. chances are the thieves would try to sell them asap(get rid of the evidence). I hope they're caught but even more so I hope you can recover your animals safely. Best of luck to you.

argus333

5 Year Member
keep and eye on kingsnake.com and any other classifieds u can think of and local reptile shows. also try and think if u had any strangers over the house recently that may have been interested in your reptiles. sorry for your loss but keep p on it..

DZLife

1,000+ Post Club
5 Year Member
JohnMatthew said:
That really really sucks, I'm sorry for you. But I'd start calling local pet stores/supply stores and seeing if they've had anybody trying to sell them a tortoise/tegu recently.. chances are the thieves would try to sell them asap(get rid of the evidence). I hope they're caught but even more so I hope you can recover your animals safely. Best of luck to you.

That's the best advice anyone can give you in the way of actively trying to recover your sweeties. Hopefully the fingerprinting will produce some results.

olympus

5 Year Member
That sucks. I would've flipped out and went nuts. I feel so bad for you and your family if I had the tegu or turtle I would've gave them to you for free.

Kazzy

5 Year Member
Like John said, call all the local pet stores. We had a snake stolen from our pet store, and called another to find out the guy tried to sell it there. We got our snake back, thank goodness.
I'm so sorry this happened. Good luck!

CaseyUndead

5 Year Member
Wow. Why would someone steal someone's pet? I mean, belongings are one thing... but stealing a pet is like kidnapping a family member. o_O

ColdThirst

5 Year Member
Sounds lie it was someone you knew or that had been in your house before to see all the pimp stuff you had inside it as well as you probably telling them how much the tegu might be worth etc. But that is insaine and with everyones money being as tight as it is right now, Its sad to say but things like that will probably start happening more and more often.

Taydeon

5 Year Member
yea i did an update thread here:

<!-- m --><a class="postlink" href="http://www.tegutalk.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=2041">http://www.tegutalk.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=2041</a><!-- m -->

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
It’s_me